For The First Time
NERHADOU is introducing to the Egyptian, Middle Eastern and African markets a breakthrough dosage form "
Oral dispersible “ An innovative drug delivery system “
What is ORAL DISPERSIBLE FILM (ODF)?
Oral dispersible film is a novel approach to oral drug delivery system, bringing to the patient the fastest effect within few seconds with minimal side effects.
The films are designed to be placed on the tongue and dissolve upon contact with saliva, within a few seconds, so that the patient can take the product without the need for washing it down with liquid .
The buccal delivery of a drug via thin dispersible film has the potential to improve the onset of action, lower the dosing, and enhance the efficacy and safety profile of the medication .
Fast oral dispersible films have several advantages over the conventional dosage forms. So they are of great importance during the emergency cases such as allergic reactions and asthmatic attacks whenever immediate onset of action is desired .
Advantages of ODF Over all Other Forms
- The drug enters the systemic circulation with reduced hepatic first pass effect.
- Rapid disintegration and dissolution in few seconds within oral cavity. The best whenever immediate onset of action is desired.
- 100% Bioavailability.
- Superior patient compliance .
- Easy to administer .
- No water needed .
- Takeaway medicine .
- Suitable for all age groups (Children, Adults and Geriatrics).
- Child – resistant packaging.